Common Yarrow Flower Garden
It shrugs off cold winters hot and humid summers drought and poor soils to cheerfully bloom in sunny places.
Common yarrow flower garden. With its tall stems of colorful flowers and fern like foliage it works especially well in a cottage garden setting and in wildflower gardens. An attractive hardy perennial yarrow can reach about 3 feet in height. A member of the aster or composite family asteraceae yarrow has flat topped or dome shaped clusters of small white flowers that bloom from april to october.
In the perennial garden common yarrow shines as a low maintenance drought tolerant butterfly plant. Common yarrow achillea millefolium is native to the dry disturbed soils of prairies meadows and the edges of forest in the northern hemisphere this perennial grows best in hardiness zones 3 9. This is a plant that not only grows in the wild but many garden centres sell common yarrow as well.
Other varieties produce pink yellow red or orange flowers. The bees flit from one flower to the next taking some pollen with them as they go. Having it in the garden will help to attract bees back to your garden.
Deadhead to encourage the plant to bloom again. Yarrow is a classic garden perennial known for its ruggedness. Common yarrow also known as western yarrow or milfoil goes by the botanical name of achillea millefolium.
The soil should be well drained as yarrow cannot tolerate wet soil. To add it to your garden loosen the soil about 12 to 15 inches deep and add 2 to 4 inches of compost. When the flowers begin to fade you can cut them off a k a.
Plant it near your vegetable garden. How to grow common yarrow. Yarrow is not just popular with people it is also popular with bees.
- Blue Dahlia Flower Tattoo
- Bleeding Heart Plant Outside
- Bleeding Heart Plant Care In Pots
- Bleeding Heart Plant Care Uk
- Bleeding Heart Flower Vector
- Bleeding Heart Vine Flower Meaning
- Bleeding Heart Plant Yellow Leaves
- Bleeding Heart Plant Leaves Turning Brown
- Bleeding Heart Plant Growth
- Blue Flower Lace Dress
- Bleeding Heart Plant Dying
- Bleeding Heart Plant Valentine
- Blue And White Lace Flower
- Blood Orchid Flower Uses
- Bleeding Heart Plant Zone 5
- Blue Floral Lace Temp Tations
- Bleeding Heart Flower Story
- Bleeding Heart Plant Australian Native
- Bleeding Heart Flower Plant
- Bleeding Heart Flower Wallpaper